we are desperate to have our own garden, so this year we are starting small and "testing" our green thumbs with [store-bought: Walmart] tomato seeds (only $1 for package, $7 for container), there must've been about 30 seeds within, so we spread them all inside, about 1/4" deep in the soil...it says it takes 7-10 days to 'germinate'...so hopefully come June 1st, we'll see some growth~ {i'll post some pictures, once there is something to see}
the other day, on the floor in the garage, we found a "potato beetle" and s* decided to keep him (as a pet, ugh) and feed him potato peels...{lol} today she found an aquarium, some neighbors were throwing away,and decided to provide for her beetle, a mansion....(yikes!)
**Update**: thankfully she changed her mind and let him go~
here is what it is supposed to look like, and a pic of ours, Day One: 5/25/2010
if the one we are doing works out, we may do another...this one is little flowers~

4 comments:
There is a lot going on over at your house.
I built a little house like that in school for wood shop.
hers looks a little better than mine.
I think its cool your starting your own little garden good luck with it, caits parents grow a lot of their own food like tomatoes, cucumbers and i think some more things.
Love ya sis keep blogging. I need to blog more be on the look out for some new things in my life.
WOW! my Josh wrote a long note...you and Summer are special:) Good luck with your little garden...perhaps we can use them when i come to visit next time...love you all...:)
Have fun working on that house Summer* Cannot wait to see it....i love you:)
I'm diggin the house and the garden. It's funny, I was just talking to someone the other day that told me that farmers offer the best tomatoe seeds. They said the store bought ones don't have good flavor when grown. I love tomatoes, and can't wait to taste some. Glad you guys are haveing so much fun. Love ya--Dad
Post a Comment