these days s* is into mysteries...we bought her the Scripture Sleuth Set when we were at the Homeschool Convention, and she has been devouring them! what a blessing these books are! she actually met the author and had all of her books autographed - a great experience for her!
we have also been watching several Reformation movies (rented through Netflix) and she is enjoying these as well! (Movies are a lot more fun than a textbook!) We did a movie comparison by watching the 1953, 1973, 2003 versions of Martin Luther... it was really neat to see the differences in the acting, perspective, points of interests of his life...equally interesting was the similarities of sets/props! it was neat~ now we are moving on to William Tyndale, we have read about him and watched a brief documentary...next week we will watch the film God's Outlaw~
this has been a great "study" for our whole family! check out some of these movies, they are pretty good!
John Wycliffe: The Morning Star (19684)
John Hus (1977)
there are so many more Reformers, our study has been so interesting! we surely take for granted the Precious Scriptures, for which these men (& women) gave their very lives for!!
some more pictures of a little girl loving to play dress up...
(we are still reading the Little House Series,
she is on the 4th book On The Banks of Plum Creek)
3 comments:
Thats really cool you can use Netflix as a tool to teach. that cute summer wants to buy more tarps in stead for fixing to chain on the swing set, but either way i am glad she i still using it.
Netflicks is working well for u. I like the "dress-up" stuff that S* is wearing. I fully identify with the tarp idea, when I was growing up, I was the "fort" king. I was always building something. We love you guys..
Dad
Enjoy her while you can...love u all:)
Post a Comment