Monday, August 11, 2008

great meditation this morning...

Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly;
I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body
and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others,
I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:26-27

this was the scripture i was pointed to this morning
in my RBC mediation, it is really powerful to me,
altho, my Bible was a little more direct, as opposed
to what my meditation book reads:

Therefore I run thus; not with uncertainty. Thus I fight;
not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body
and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached
to others, I myself should become disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:26-27

either way, it is a very strong message for me this morning!

No comments: